Descripción de “Understanding Development Management (FutureLearn)”
Build your knowledge of the development sector and discover how development can be managed with this online course. Get a taste of the Open University’s Development Management degree.
Development can mean different things to different people. For development managers around the world, it’s about the process of bringing about change and achieving social justice. But how can development be managed and what tools do development managers need?
On this course, you will discuss the answers to these questions and boost your understanding of development management as a whole. As you learn to unpack what development management is, you will recognise the complexities and political nature of development. You will also apply a development management tool to a real-world context.
What topics will you cover?
– An explanation of what development management and development are
– A story of development management
– An opportunity to engage with development management and consider mitigating unconscious bias
– The practice of development management and the rights to manage development for others
– The project cycle and a stakeholder analysis tool.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Demonstrate your understanding of the different forms development and its management have taken, in theory and in practice
– Describe the key concepts, theories and methods that reveal development management as a process that is personal, political and professional
– Assess project cycle and stakeholder analysis as a tool used by development managers
Especificaciones: Understanding Development Management (FutureLearn)
|Curso ofrecido por|
|Nivel, duración y fechas|
|Idioma del curso|
|Exámenes y Certificados|