Descripción de “Understanding Continence Promotion: Effective Management of Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction in Adults (FutureLearn)”
Develop the skills to work with adults with different types of continence problems and understand effective treatments. Learn how to support self-management of continence conditions. On this course you’ll examine the principles and practice of promoting continence with people who have bladder or bowel dysfunction.
You’ll learn how to recognise and assess the common conditions experienced. You’ll develop the skills to work with adults with different types of continence problems.
You’ll also learn how to create effective management plans to treat the condition, and explore how to minimise the impact of these stigmatising conditions.
By the end of the course you’ll understand how to effectively treat the condition, and support the person to self-manage their condition.
What topics will you cover?
– Paradigm and principles of continence promotion with adults
– Structure and function of the bladder and bowel
– Experience of common bladder and bowel conditions
– Bladder and bowel assessment, dysfunction identification and management planning to provide the ‘right care’ from the outset
– Effective conservative interventions and how to implement with individuals
– Other treatment options for bladder and/or bowel dysfunction
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Describe and explain principles underpinning the provision of specialist continence advice
– Demonstrate clinical knowledge of bladder and bowel dysfunction in adults
– Describe the components and practice of effective assessment and explain how to identify different types of bladder/bowel dysfunction
– Design and implement effective management plans to treat the condition(s), minimise individual impact and support self-management
– Explore and debate knowledge and skills required to work collaboratively with other disciplines and agencies to effectively promote bladder and bowel continence
Especificaciones: Understanding Continence Promotion: Effective Management of Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction in Adults (FutureLearn)
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para un correcto funcionamiento. Si continúas navegando estás dando tu consentimiento para estas cookies y aceptas nuestra política de cookies, clic para más información.