Descripción de “TARGET Antibiotics – Prescribing in Primary Care (FutureLearn)”
Helping primary care professionals to target the use of antibiotics to reduce antimicrobial resistance. Discover ideas about how to optimise prescribing in Primary Care. Antimicrobial resistance is a growing problem and everyone can play a part in tackling this issue. This course will look at many aspects of antibiotic prescribing in Primary Care from prescribing for urinary tract infections through to managing patient expectations.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of how to apply practical antimicrobial stewardship strategies in your practice.
What topics will you cover?
The course will cover:
– Introduction to Antimicrobial Resistance in Primary Care
– Prescribing in Urinary Tract Infections
– Assessing the Need for Antibiotics
– Managing Patient Expectations and Back up/Delayed Prescribing
– Antibiotics for Children
– Common Practice Approach
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Explore data sources to understand your practice antibiotic usage and tips for conducting an audit
– Improve prescribing practice for patients with suspected Urinary Tract Infections
– Discuss ways to manage patient expectations with regard to antibiotic prescriptions
– Identify ways in which back up prescribing can assist your practice
– Evaluate approaches to the prescribing of antibiotics for children
– Demonstrate the value of a whole team approach to antimicrobial stewardship
– Assess the importance of antimicrobial stewardship
Especificaciones: TARGET Antibiotics – Prescribing in Primary Care (FutureLearn)
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para un correcto funcionamiento. Si continúas navegando estás dando tu consentimiento para estas cookies y aceptas nuestra política de cookies, clic para más información.