Descripción de “Sustainable Construction and Development (FutureLearn)”
Gain valuable insight into sustainable construction and development, and learn best practices from sustainability initiatives. Improve your understanding of sustainable construction and development. Sustainable development meets the needs of the present by carrying out activities that do not compromise future generations’ ability to meet their own needs. On this course, you’ll learn about the obligations and actions that play a role in the concept and practice of sustainability in construction and development.
You’ll explore the need for environmental, economic and social sustainability, and the implications for the construction industry.
You’ll learn best practices from successful sustainability initiatives, and understand the challenge of achieving sustainability in the future.
What topics will you cover?
– The complexities of sustainability in construction and development of the built assets, together with challenges, importance, and impact of role performance.
– Environmental sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the important roles of innovations, professionalism, ethics, culture and procurement practices and regulations.
– Economic sustainability and the roles of effective business cases, organisational size, dynamics of networks & integrated delivery; and procurement practices.
– Social sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the roles of construction processes, outputs and outcomes on people and society.
– Lessons learned from good and best practices in sustainability, and how these could be embraced and taken-up, together with challenges and appropriate guidelines for implementation.
– Future challenges in sustainable development based on possible scenarios considering the level of success of current mitigation and adaptation measures.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Demonstrate understanding of the complexities of sustainability from generic and project specific perspectives, and the obligations of stakeholders.
– Evaluate the environmental considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
– Evaluate economic considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices.
– Evaluate social considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices.
– Demonstrate knowledge of lessons learned from good practices of sustainability initiatives, and better understand how these could be implemented in projects.
– Explain the nature of the task of attaining sustainability in the built environment in future, considering the most likely future scenario of the sustainable development agenda.
Especificaciones: Sustainable Construction and Development (FutureLearn)
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para un correcto funcionamiento. Si continúas navegando estás dando tu consentimiento para estas cookies y aceptas nuestra política de cookies, clic para más información.