Descripción de “Supporting Adolescent Learners: Social and Emotional Wellbeing (FutureLearn)”
Learn to support adolescent learners with their social and emotional wellbeing through a variety of approaches. Gain the skills you need to help adolescent learners thrive. A large and growing body of research shows that adolescents who score high on social and emotional wellbeing report improved grades, better relationships, less trouble at school and a lesser likelihood of emotional problems.
On this course, ultimately, you’ll learn to help adolescent learners develop the skills and mindsets that will allow them to thrive. You’ll investigate the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of young people, explore the uses of neuroscience in education and help youths embrace lifelong learning.
What topics will you cover?
– Lifelong learning as a context for understanding young adolescents with an imperative for developing a new learning mindset for 21st century learners
– Developing an understanding of Young Adolescent learners through the domains of social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development
– A focus on the second sensitive period of brain development and the impact of neuroscience for learning, with a particular focus on social and emotional implications and cognitive engagement
– Developing capabilities to enhance social and emotional wellbeing, highlighting elements such as empathy, resilience and self regulation
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Investigate lifelong learning as a context for young adolescent learners
– Explain the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of young adolescents
– Explore applications of neuroscience with a particular focus on social and emotional impacts for cognitive engagement
– Evaluate strategies to optimise adolescent social and emotional wellbeing
Especificaciones: Supporting Adolescent Learners: Social and Emotional Wellbeing (FutureLearn)
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para un correcto funcionamiento. Si continúas navegando estás dando tu consentimiento para estas cookies y aceptas nuestra política de cookies, clic para más información.