Descripción de “Irish 103: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture (FutureLearn)”
Learn to talk about occupations, daily life and personal skills in this third introductory course on the Irish language. Develop your understanding of Irish language and culture. On this course, you will develop your written and spoken understanding of basic words and phrases about yourself, occupations, daily routines, shopping, and skills and abilities.
You will learn about the cultural system of the Celts and ancient Irish people, and experience the importance of storytelling and singing within Irish culture and language.
Join now to discover the links between Irish language and contemporary Irish culture and society.
What topics will you cover?
– Introduction to the Irish language
– Introducing and describing yourself
– Action verbs
– The present tense
– Talk about your daily routine
– Traditional occupations and their link to the language
– Ancient Ireland and Celtic society
– The importance & role of the arts in Celtic and contemporary society
– Describe going shopping and how to ask for what you want
– Storytelling in Irish, myths and sagas
– Talking about skills and abilities
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Engage with the Irish language through culture
– Discuss occupations, skills and abilities, daily routines and going shopping
– Engage with Irish mythical stories and sagas
– Explore the social structure of ancient Ireland under the Celts and the important role placed on the arts
– Discuss and describe details regarding yourself
– Identify basic grammatical concepts
Especificaciones: Irish 103: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture (FutureLearn)
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para un correcto funcionamiento. Si continúas navegando estás dando tu consentimiento para estas cookies y aceptas nuestra política de cookies, clic para más información.