Descripción de “How to Write Your First Song (FutureLearn)”
Get a practical introduction to the mechanics of songwriting and meet established songwriters with this free online course. Ever wanted to write a song, but not known how? This course will introduce you to the tools and techniques you need to write your first song.
Each week, using specially-commissioned lyrics, we’ll build up a song and encourage you to do the same. World-renowned musician, Martin Simpson, will use the same words and techniques and we’ll check in with him each week for inspiration and guidance on the songwriting process.
We’ll also talk to experts in music and psychology as well as established musicians and songwriters to find out what makes a song successful.
What topics will you cover?
– Setting words to music
– Time and pitch
– Working with melody
– Chords and chord progressions
– Song forms
– Arranging your song
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Set words to rhythm using the concepts of metre and scansion.
– Identify the ingredients of an effective melody.
– Describe the different chord types and progressions used in popular songs.
– Explain the most commonly used song forms and structures.
– Explore how songs can develop when different lines and instruments are added to the accompaniment.
– Combine these fundamental musical elements to come up with a song of your own.
Especificaciones: How to Write Your First Song (FutureLearn)
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para un correcto funcionamiento. Si continúas navegando estás dando tu consentimiento para estas cookies y aceptas nuestra política de cookies, clic para más información.