Descripción de “Blended Learning Essentials: Embedding Practice (FutureLearn)”
This is the second part of a course for the Vocational Education and Training sector to promote effective use of blended learning. Technology has fundamentally changed how we learn, making it more engaging but also challenging. This course shows how to embed blended learning practices in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector.
You will explore how new technology can assist learning from experience, how it helps overcome challenges in the sector, and will develop your own skills and discover the optimal uses of blended learning. With over 90% satisfaction rate on its previous runs, this course will support implementation of blended learning in your practice.
What topics will you cover?
– Using data from learners to help design more effective blended learning. Examples of how to identify evidence of learning with technology, and how to enhance conventional learning designs with digital technology methods.
– The use of digital tools for sharing learning design ideas and contributing to a community of practice in blended learning design. How to use the online Learning Designer tool to view and edit a shareable learning design.
– The role new technology can play in addressing the key challenges of the VET sector. The extent to which technology can help teachers give learners more and better learning support, while not increasing their workload overall.
– The use of technology to promote independent learning. How to develop and share a blended learning design in Moodle.
– Strategies for reducing the costs of innovation, including through the sharing and re-use of teaching ideas and by means of cross-institutional collaboration.
– How innovative solutions can be developed to match an organisation’s needs and ambitions. The importance of collecting evidence that demonstrates the value of blending learning and considering the views of learners.
– Approaches to analysing the costs and benefits of investing in blended learning. How to use an interactive planning tool, the Course Resource Appraisal Modeller (CRAM), to understand the relationship between the benefits of bringing in new digital pedagogies and the costs of developing and running them.
– Techniques and approaches that can be used to support a culture change towards blended learning within an institution. Examples of good practice in implementing effective change management.
– How to work with colleagues and external organisations to support professional development and embed blended learning practice.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Apply new technologies in courses and learning opportunities to improve learner outcomes.
– Identify ways in which new technology can contribute to solve key challenges in your learning context.
– Develop your own skills further and contribute to the VET sector’s community knowledge of the optimal uses of blended learning.
Especificaciones: Blended Learning Essentials: Embedding Practice (FutureLearn)
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para un correcto funcionamiento. Si continúas navegando estás dando tu consentimiento para estas cookies y aceptas nuestra política de cookies, clic para más información.